This appendix applies only if the notice of race so states.
These Standard Sailing Instructions may be used at an event in place of printed sailing instructions made available to each boat. To use them, state in the notice of race that ‘The sailing instructions will consist of the instructions in RRS Appendix S, Standard Sailing Instructions, and supplementary sailing instructions that will be on the official notice board located at _____.’
The supplementary sailing instructions will include:
1. A table showing the schedule of races, including the day and date of each scheduled day of racing, the number of races scheduled each day, the scheduled time of the first warning signal each day, and the latest time for a warning signal on the last scheduled day of racing (see SI 5 below).
2. The location of the race office and of the flag pole on which signals made ashore will be displayed (SI 4.1).
3. A list of the marks that will be used and a description of each one (SI 8). How new marks will differ from original marks (SI 10).
4. The time limits, if any, that are listed in SI 12.
5. Any changes or additions to the instructions in this appendix.
A copy of the supplementary sailing instructions will be available to competitors on request.
|♦ Mark 1 Time Limit||Time limit for the first boat to pass Mark 1.|
|♦ Race Time Limit||Time limit for the first boat to sail the course and finish.|
|♦ Finishing Window||Time limit for boats to finish after the first boat sails the course and finishes.|