what is the correct time and distance for oposite tack boat start and complete Tack and Gybe, not to break Part 2 rules.
Created: 20-Sep-24 11:44
- A is on PT approaching B who is on ST. (Out of zone)
- A manoeuvres (Gybes or tacks) at such a time and in such a distance that ends straight ahead of B.
- B never manoeuvred up or down to avoid A, but ended up at behind A so close but not close enough to overlap A at end of A's manoeuvre.
- One opinion claims that A (PT boat) should have finished her manoeuvred with 2 boats lenght distance between her and B as a ST (right of way boat) .
- Another opinion states that: A had manoeuvred in such a manner that at end of the manoeuvre, B was on As WW or LW side in over lap position, then the manoeuvre was late and A (as PT boat) fauled (broke part 2) ST boat. But as A's manoeuvre was timely and at right distance that B was not close enough catch up and able to overlap WW or LW side of A - then - No- faul by A.
any comments? In fleets with 50 one design J70 or similar boats.